Monday, May 18, 2015
Internship with Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum
My last day at JPP I worked with Rebecca Morehouse comparing their in house database, regarding collections they house, with those of the Maryland Historical Trust. The Historic Trust has a new online site, “Maryland’s “Archeological Synthesis” Project. Through this new project, researchers are able to enter a specific ceramic type and find all the archaeological sites in Maryland that contain those types of ware. Through this process we were able to pin-point collections at JPP containing diagnostic ceramics which we can now pull and add to the existing study collection. I was not actually able to pull any samples but hope to continue as a volunteer over the summer.
It has been a great semester and wonderful to work with Ed Chaney and Rebecca. Hopefully the update website will up soon along with a new research collection. Here I've included a couple images regarding prehistoric wares that demonstrate some of the surface techniques and how these vessels actually appeared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment