Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Internship Post #2
So far the internship in the library has been going very well, I have been working on a variety of different things that involve exhibits and presentations. Never before had I known what it was like putting the actual exhibit posters up, I did that this past month and editing the exhibits is quite time consuming because of constant mistakes that are made, such as grammatical errors and rewrites. One of the main problems that I have personally had with the exhibits, and this all started with the Pleasant View exhibit that our 400 level public history class made, was the fact that there is so much great content that us as students were able to find, but the majority of it had to be removed because all of that cannot fit in a poster. What goes on the poster has to be the most important and it has to be precise. At times that is very frustrating because as an intern I want to do the best possible job I can but also impress my superiors by provinding stellar information, but that information unfortunately gets left behind. Another thing that one most be very careful when physically putting the actual exhibit posters up, is the fact that they have to lined up symmetrically. Since I am very short I have to grab a stool and work my way around the posters without damaging them and using a ruler in order to make them align. It does feel rewarding seeing an exhibit one has worked on, be displayed for everyone to see. These past two weeks, my fellow intern, Camilla and I have been working on this thing called Neatline through this website that deals with exhibits, called Omeka. She did a fantastic job of listing and summarizing the exhibits and partnerships Priddy Library has had and made since the early 1990s. This Neatline allows us to make a map of the school and make a timeline of the events that have transpired throughout the years at the Library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment