Thursday, December 15, 2016

The last few weeks of the internship, I continued working on Neatline ( interactive map) that the library has worked on as it pertains to the history of the library. I was able to organize each exhibit and or event that the library has worked on since their inception. Their inception was in 1992, but their first exhibits were made during the 2000s. Camilla had completed all the information, what I needed to do was to organize each singular event into three categories, exhibits, community outreach, and partnership with other organizations.

We also have each one of these categories in different colors, green, blue, and red. Once I completed that, there was one last thing for me to do, and that was post 2 exhibits, one was a photography one and the other was a Holocaust one in the library. The first one I put up was the photography one, which was somewhat challenging due to carefulness that went in it. Each photograph was placed in frame and there were about 26 photographs that needed to be placed on wall in the library. Again I had to be very careful about not dropping it and also not putting my fingertips on the glass frame. The last exhibit, I helped Nickolas put up, I had already finished the internship and I decided to go Nick's office and see what he was doing and I ended up helping him get the Holocaust exhibit ready.


I had not known that once I had completed the 120 hours, that the internship was over, I had hoped to continue for a couple of days in January, since I am taking a Winter course. But it could not be, but I am very grateful to have been able to intern at the library this semester, it was very beneficial. It helped me understand what goes on in a library setting, and the people that I worked with were very helpful and welcoming, finally I would like to thank Dr. Blair who was the one who recommended me, without her none of this would have been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment