At the start of this semester I began working with Catoctin Furnace Historical Society. They are located in Thurmont Maryland. There mission it to preserve the local furnace as well as the local town that surrounded the furnace. They are also involved in several archeology projects in the surrounding area. They work to use forensics to recreate the faces and identify the slaves who worked in the furnace.
I was extremely excited to get started with the Catoctin furnace Historical Society. I talked to my internship boss mostly through email as we were deciding on a project for me. It was decided that I would be working at their local museum every Sunday from 2 to 4 until a project was decided on. Below are some pictures I took while working at their museum.
I also attended one of their monthly meetings where I was given a project. It was decided that I would be working on writing descriptions for a book they are working on publishing with Arcadia Publishing. This means I spend most of my time working with my internship at home writing on my computer. Every Friday at 1 pm I have a phone conference with my two bosses where we talk about my progress. Writing a book has always been a lifelong dream of mine; ever since I was little my goal in life was to become a published author, and now I am given the opportunity to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment