Tuesday, May 17, 2016

RobotFest!

RobotFest is an annual event at the National Electronics Museum where vendors come to show off their enthusiasm for their gear and robots. The entire museum is packed from wall to wall with stations where people come just to share their equipment, and the floor is packed with people who come to see them. I had never seen a 3-D printer before this event, but by the end of the day I had seen every shape and size 3-D printer that is on the market. I even ate an action figure printed with mashed potatoes. The event was full of positive energy, and more people came to the event than I could have anticipated. I even bumped into an R2-D2 rolling around the conference room.
Though there were plenty of other fun activities and interesting things to see, I chose to sit at the solder station and help children put together soldering activity kits. It was rewarding to pass on my soldering skills to the next generation of technicians. I think that I may have had more fun soldering than children.



I am going to shameless endorse this event, and encourage everyone who reads this to go to RobotFest next year if you have the chance. You are guaranteed to learn about modern technology, meet interesting people, and stare directly into the eyes of a life-size Chicken Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment