I started working on this project with Dr. Musgrove a couple months after it began. My responsibility was to complete the research needed to input our data into the interactive map. I was basically tasked to look through books and news articles that documented the Black Power movement in Washington D.C. and find significant events that would both mark the events to the locations they occurred and track the progression of the movement to help answer the question--where do we go from here?
Since I didn't feel comfortable directly editing the spreadsheet, I put most of the data I retrieved onto a separate google document. I didn't want to change the work that was already completed in the months prior to me joining in on the project and wasn't really sure how to frame my language into a clear, concise description. Now that I've collected a good amount of information from the research I did scooping several books for information, all I have left to complete on my behalf is inputting that information on the spreadsheet to ensure the interactive map reflects the events that occurred at their respective location. I think it'll be really interesting to see what happens once the entries are complete. So far, so good.

No comments:
Post a Comment