Tuesday, February 13, 2018
URCAD: Submission and Preparation
We've come to the point where we have enough content to submit to URCAD. I've spent a lot of time editing our event descriptions, finding photographs of the event itself, and figuring out how to finalize the project for URCAD submission. There were a few technical edits we had to make in order to ensure that the map was both accurate and functioning properly. Kevin, Ralph, and I got a chance to sit down and talk about finalizing the interactive map's website. Kevin tried to explain the logistics behind entering code for the map to us but we had a hard time understanding exactly what he was talking about. We took that as a signal to focus on our task of inputting entries into the excel sheet and left the technical changes/updates to Kevin. As for the entries, I was able to adjust some of the event descriptions based on the books I was referring to but finding pictures of these events were a bit more challenging. I had a hard time finding pictures of a lot of the events that took place at the beginning of the 60s. I spent hours trying to find pictures of events that took place at the beginning of the black power movements development, that were either unavailable or inaccessible. I'm going to try and scout newspapers for images instead to see if I have better chances finding pictures that match the events. Dr. Musgrove had already given us a heads up about this earlier on in the project but now that we're preparing our URCAD presentation, we have to start tightening up and completing the project. At least we're on the road to finishing out our entries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment