Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Space Internship 3/3 - Final Thoughts

While the semester is almost over, my internship is far from over. While unpaid, and one that I would like to see if I could get grants for, just to aid in research costs, I have enjoyed it. With more papers ahead for me to assist with, there's plenty to do. And not just for me, but for other students in the department. The idea of a virtual internship, while new and exotic to those of us at the university, is an excellent way for historians in the History department to undergo programs they like, without having to fly across the country or to others. This would help save time in the long run, money, and could heavily promote interactions across the board. Of course, I'm thinking big picture, beyond just my own internship. Doctor Gangale himself would benefit from more assistants, as during the last pair of papers, we had to cut out the entire soviet union segments, due to the sheer wealth of information being too much for us to display without running into sizing issues. Sizing issues being that we didn't have the right technology to display all the information side by side, without having to make the print super small. And given the sheer amount of information at hand, due to the time periods being covered being chock full of countless unflown and flown missions, namely the 1960s to 1970s, it is a busy and exciting time. While one chapter of it ends, I look forward to the future, as its helped me gain a solid footing as a published historian, and I look forward to where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment