Since I started the internship I have learned how to catalog primary documents, plan events, coordinate conferences, answer research queries, monitor current events and prepare brochures and educational materials. So far it has been a great internship! I got to be part of the event called discovery day in which they coordinate events for the local children. I was a part of the coins presentation and post office stamps. The coins presentation was a great event for a historian because they had coins from the beginning of the country when the colonies had their own currency. The coins walk you through the history of the country and how it developed from the colonies to a nation. We had a great turn out of people to attend this event. Another great event was the one for International Women’s Day, in which they showed how superwoman was created and how it was projecting women’s strength. One event I personally liked was train day in which they had kids from the community come in and learn about the train station, how the train got to its post, the history behind it, and how it impacted the community. I am in charge of remodeling and coming out with a new concept for an exhibition of the Gaithersburg Observatory in which I finished and am pending approval to be displayed. Hopefully by the end of the month the new exhibition will be open for the public to see. This is how the exhibition looks right now as I am still waiting for the new additions to be approved.

No comments:
Post a Comment